With the increasing number of viruses hitting the market every day, a need for an antivirus that is capable to fight them back is an utter need. No doubt, there are myriad of options for you to choose, but when it comes to security, you deserve the best. A list of antiviruses that made it to the list of top 6 in 2012 is mentioned below.
- GFI Vipre Antivirus 4 secures position 6. Vipre Antivirus 4 is relatively new and was formerly known as Sunbelt. Vipre 4 proved itself to be reasonably fast, straightforward installation and efficient virus detection. The antivirus works sufficient on detecting common viruses however fails in protecting against spam, phishing and identity theft. The appearance is good and it will not slow your PC down. If your protection need is not too high then Vipre 4 is worth a try.
- Norton Antivirus 2012 secures position 5. Norton Antivirus is among the strongest performer and is always worth using. The interface is simple and attractive and virus-blocking capability is stupendous. A map pointing all global cybercrime that is happening all over the world in last 24 hours is definitely a standout feature. Norton also offers additional tools, which can be integrated with Norton products and are used to remove relentless malwares. The only place where Norton flunks is speed and web protection. If Norton fixes that, it is sure to hit the top spot.
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2012 secures position 4. ESET NOD32 is a good contender in the race. The interface is very good and malware detection capability is up to the mark. It allows system scanning in safe mode would is definitely a complementary feature. However, malware blocking fluctuates sometimes and is weak against some rootkits.
- Kaspersky Antivirus 2012 secures position 3. Kaspersky Antivirus is definitely among the best antivirus in the world. Woks tremendous on individual systems and has been rated extremely high among rest of the rivals. File Advisor feature is a new addition and reveals file’s reputation. Kaspersky is also capable of fixing Internet Explorer and Windows settings. Another striking feature is its ability to cleanup traces of browser and computer activities. A little that counts in flaw is low phishing protection against latest sites.
- McAfee Antivirus 2012 secures position 2. With a Site Advisor, file encryption and a thorough virus scanning, McAfee reaches number 2 in the list. Addition to the rest, McAfee introduces several new options like Parental Control, Network Intruder Alert and restriction on visiting dangerous sites. Security features are huge and spam filtering is accurate. In all, McAfee packs everything that is required to keep you safe from virus threat.
- BitDefender Antivirus 2012 made it to the top. Winning this tough battle, BitDefender establishes itself as the best antivirus of 2012. Its impeccable speed of finding and blocking malwares and features like Autopilot mode for silent security, Rescue mode for rigorous security, private data protection, monitoring identity theft, parental control, Facebook protection and much more makes it the best option to opt for. The only glitch that you would find is its large installation, but with a product like this, you definitely would mind it.
This guest post is brought to you by Jack of Techhelpapps, offers quick solutions to your computer problems. For any technical related issues or queries on computer malfunctioning, drop in at Techhelpapps.com. For more follow us techhelpapps.